Given the ongoing discussion related to the zilliqa staking unbonding period, I would like to suggest a proposal that would allow the ability to unstake immediately, if agreeing to forfeit 10% of Zil that holder wishes to unstake.
All Zil that is forfeited for early unstaking would be paid to gZil holders once a week, or coincident with completion of 7 Zil rewards block periods.
Continual complaints being voiced regarding the 14 day unbonding period for stakers.
Provide option to allow immediate withdrawal from staking (or at close of that days reward block), if the staker is willing to forfeit 10% of amount to be unstaked into a fund that will be paid to gZil holders on a weekly basis.
- provide those who wish to unstake an early option to do so
- penalty still provides incentive to maintain long-term position and minimize volatility
- provides income opportunity to gZil token to help add value and encourage participation
- offers stakers a way out of lock-up period without any direct benefit to current Zil stakers
- 10% penalty suggestion could be too excessive to encourage a regular stream of gZil payments.
This would help resolve the on-going discussion about the lock up period. Offering those that want out immediately an option to do so, while also serving the interests of those who prefer the current lock-up period.
In addition, it will provide a much needed income opportunity to the gZil token and its token holders. This could help create demand, awareness for the gzil token, plus add additional encouragement to current holders about the income possibilities available to gZil while engaging more community members to participate.
This initiative would be implemented in staking menu as an option to unstake immediately (or at next reward block) and forfeit 10% of tokens they looking to unstake.
The weekly rewards could then be distributed to gzil holders in similar fashion to zwap rewards, where valid gZil holders will be issued qualifying rewards at the weekly block and will have to claim them or look to Carbon tokenomics for further direction on distribution.