Reduce the Unstaking period

I have just waited for all the blocks to complete the unstake of my ZIL and agree with @crazilliqa, that the benefits for the whole securing and staking benefits, appear to benefit the people who don’t stake, and that is most likely the Whales. And i know this is not NatGeo, but why are we creating an ecosystem which saves the Whales and creates damage to the environment. I always believed that staking would save Zilliqa from outside market manipulation, but i for one would not like to see Zilliqa long term contribute to saving the Whales! DO NOT save the crypto Whales, but DO save the real Whales :whale2: :whale2:.

1 Like

Yep, I just voted with my wallet, dumped 1M ZIL and it is going straight into RUNE…because my money is MY money and I don’t like having it out of my control for a day, let alone for 2 to 3 weeks:

https://viewblock.io/zilliqa/tx/0x8a443f2e8c8abfcc3c8220199c529e67aa63451f73ffff106d07816a36747c4d

1 Like

Good riddance! Take your day trading funds elsewhere

is the effort required to get “variation of staking rewards” working too great considering everything else you have on the plate? Or is this a protocol level limitation that requires a full re-write and hence unfeasible.
Thanks

It requires changes to the change, review, deployment, full migration and etc. Such an effort can easily take at least a month or more.

1 Like

Check with Adam on CARB staking. 1 week unbounding. If you want withdrawal to be instantly or faster pay a penalty fee to be shared among the current stakers. Problem is with 80k stakers, tx fees will be insane compared to reward.
May make more sense to transfer to the zil ‘burnt’/tx fee address to be recycled in future.

1 Like

I am running a poll for 7 days to check if there is a common consensus. Once done, can I come up with the proposal but get a core team to post on Snapshot and tweet about it?

This is the poll: https://twitter.com/zillinkPower/status/1414590109823823881

I have considered my original staking position beliefs which was 1 week and now support a zero staking lock, same as ADA.

For me i think twice when i need 2weeks to unstake…i have 200k zils and i dont stake it. So all those who say lowering the staking period will be bad i disagree…if any we will see more staking activities than now.

2 Likes

the Unstaking period is deleted or Immediately.

yeah you guys are a bunch of stuck up, childish sounding ASSHOLES! Not only does your staking reward cost 30 bfucking zil no matter if your pulling out 1 or 200 zill…your platform is 3 yrs old…none of your apps are worth a fuck and the only answer i heard to an honest cry for fucking help is a bunch of football team juvenile bullshit like oh REAL BELEIVERS yeah longtermer…heheheh…wtf is that? when the 6 of you hold on to a shitty coin that everyone avoids like the plauge because it takes 2 fucking yrs to remove a stake??? IN CRYPTO?? thanks but no thanks…the only reason people bought this in the first place because it was cheap…but ooooh were we wrong lol TRX kills yall…rude assholes…

2 Likes

Yea, look at what over_the_bars wrote me ; a completely childish faggot-boy who got offended as I said I was withdrawing some of MY money…then says good riddance.

I am supporting this idea, unstaking is individual freedom choice. So why you have to hold for long period if you can make it shorter.
So if you have your own freedom choices, I have my own too.

1 Like