Increase staking unbonding period from 14d to 28d

We can agree to disagree on that.

Undeligating is easy as pushing the unstake button whenever you want to.

I agree long term investors are going to see 15% APR + GZIL + appreciating market value and are enjoying their investments. I don’t think they are worried about waiting 2 weeks extra, they will just prepare 2 weeks earlier.

I don’t think we should be talking about the case where someone has overinvested and needs immediate liquidity. That is one of the risks you accept by staking?
You mention freedom to move ones funds is impertent - is this only limited to 14 days, and not a day more? This is just your subjective opinion.

Where is “network stability” mentioned?.. :joy:
I said that as the price increases the unbonding period might be worth revising to maintain stability, hence this proposal.

The proposal is clear in its intentions, I’m sorry it falls short of your expectations.
There is nothing technically incorrect about my submission, I believe that your opinion just differs to mine.

I do know about XTZ unbonding mechanism, I didn’t feel the need to explain XTZ’s whole unbonding process, the pros and cons in a paragraph to make my point about just lengthening the cycle. (and you might not like how informal this is, but it is weird and unique, sorry if you don’t like my choice of words)

If you drive shorter term people away the rewards are better for those who are in for the long term.
It’s a delicate balance between what risk you want to take for unbonding for what potential percent ROI. Is a x day unbonding period worth y%?
That’s a subjective market question, which is why I don’t think that’s a point to speculate on.

The winners are the people that have staked from the beginning, held through, and continue to till october.
Anyone else that jumped on along the way is also winning depending on their position.

Whether you have a long unbonding like DOT (64% staked - 13% ROI), or a short unbonding like ADA (72% - 6%). They both have their place in the ecosphere for investors either long term or short term.
Using the price data available to me and just basing that against the unbonding period. ADA is a lot more volitile as a result of the 0 day unbond as compared to DOT. I would argue the average investor in crypto might see the volitility as a good thing, but it’s a risk you take for having the 0 day unbonding.

Now, I believe that unbonding periods of many lengths are a good thing (look at this thread : Flexible Unbonding Period - #33 by Bobby_Digital) I think this is a great proposal.

But I know a lot of developer effort is needed to roll out a change this massive. (it’s not even passed the proposal yet) So while I appreciate this is “coming soon :tm:” change, my proposal is very clear in its intent to increase the main production staking contracts value to 28 days, to ensure the price security as ZIL climbs higher in price and more liquidity is held by investors.

Thanks for your comment.

CDTV

2 Likes