Zilliqa Incentive Layer

Thanks for the discussion @yusa. Seems that the quorum has not been met. 1% or <10% is way too low IMO. Especially for crucial decisions like these that directly change the game theory for the economics and security of the network. Perhaps 20% is too high but we can discuss this together. I have also decent amount of gZIL and I didn’t vote because i wasn’t sure yet and needed some time thinking. I was leaning towards no and I spoke to others as well that have a lot of gZIL that were still uncertain. Because people do not vote does not mean that they are not lurking. Decisions like these will have long-term impact for the protocol and the voting period was also very short.

Just as a thought experiment regarding quorum, let’s say there is another vote for an upgrade that 100% of the network fees will go to gZIL and 0 to ZIL. Then 1% - 5% votes on this proposal and the gZIL holders work together to pass it. Should this be approved?

Edit: I will come back soon to write my own concerns with this proposal (not as a Zilliqa team member but as a community member mostly)

2 Likes